Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup:
- 2 x sweet potatoes (peeled, washed and chopped into cubes)
- 1 x squash (peeled, washed and cut into cubes)
- 1 x small piece of ginger (finely sliced)
- 2 x cups vegetable broth
- 1 x can coconut milk
- 1 x tablespoon Thai Curry paste
- 1 x teaspoon turmeric
- 1 x teaspoon garam masala
- 1 x tablespoon coconut oil
- Place sweet potato,squash and ginger in a large soup pot with just a tiny bit of water at the bottom
- Add coconut oil and let the veg simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in all spices
- Fill up the pot with water until the veg are just covered
- Add in vegetable stock & thai curry paste
- Place on medium boil until veg are soft.
- I like my soup a bit chunky so I use a potato masher to mash them up just a bit, you can blend it all as well if you prefer something smooth and creamy
- Add in coconut milk
- Dry pan fry a handful of both sunflower & pumpkin seeds, sprinkle in a bit of tamari and stir. Toast for 3-5min and use as a garnish on your zupa!
Est Viola! A nice warming, satisfying & slightly spicy comfort soup.
Healthy Breakfast Cookies:
- 1/2 bag of plain oatmeal
- 2 x ripe banana’s
- 1/2 cup of soft (melted) coconut oil
- 1 x teaspoon honey
- Get creative by adding in any of the following: nuts, seeds, raisin’s, dark chocolate, goji berries, cinnamon, orange and/or lemon rind.
- Preheat oven to medium heat
- Mix the coconut oil & the honey together.
- Add the banana and mash it up
- Add in the oatmeal and stir it up
- All other ingredients can then go in.
- Grease a baking sheet and spoon out your cookies. Flatten them with a fork just a wee bit before you pop them in to bake for 15-20 minutes, until desired crunchiness is achieved 🙂
- 6 x eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk (of your choice)
- pinch of garam masala, salt & pepper
- bunch of finely chopped parsley
- 3 x finely chopped tomatoes
- Beat the eggs & add in the milk
- Add in all other ingredients and spices
- Pour into a frying pan over medium heat until the top starts bubbling.
- Place the frying pan under the grill until the top turns a golden brown
A nice eggy like pizza 🙂
- 1 x packet (500grams) ground almonds ( or you can grind up any nuts which you prefer)
- 2-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 x tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 1 x teaspoon honey (optional)
- Play with any additives you please, here’s some ideas: grated ginger, grated lemon or orange rind, chillies, goji berries, sea salt, dates, figs ….
- Place ground nuts into a bowl and fork out any lumps
- Add coconut oil & stir.
- Add in cocoa powder
- Add in any other ingredients.
- Shape into balls.
- Sprinkle of cinnamon & refrigerate