On Summer Solstice & Gozo’s 1st International Yoga Day we held a kids yoga class here in Gozo and we all had a lot of fun. One girl said ” We should do yoga all day instead of going to school!”
Why Yoga for Kids?
- Refining flexibility and balance. Yoga poses have been shown to build muscle, increase flexibility, and develop balance. …
- Reducing Stress and Anxiety. …
- Developing concentration and focus. …
- Creating Mind-Body Connection. …
- Encouraging Sense of Self, Community, and Teamwork.
Yoga presented in a child’s language can help counter the stress experienced by little ones living in a hurry-up world
When children learn techniques for self-health, relaxation, and inner fulfillment, they can navigate life’s challenges with a little more ease. Yoga at an early age encourages self-esteem and body awareness with a physical activity that’s noncompetitive. Fostering cooperation and compassion—instead of opposition—is a great gift to give our children.
The physical movements introduce kids to yoga’s true meaning: union, expression, and honor for oneself and one’s part in the delicate web of life
- Classes will be held in Gharb (contact me for the full address 99670342)
- Classes will be 40 min in length and will run each Monday @ 10am from July 8th – July 29th
- The classes will be sold as a course committing to each week which will cost 50 euros / child for the 4 classes
- Full payment secures your space. Maximum children is 10.
- Mats & Blocks provided
- Children aged 6 – 12 yrs old are welcome
Let’s pave the way for the younger generation and pass on the tools that make life a lot more enjoyable, relaxing & present